‘Social Exercise’ is a term coined by PERFIT to encompass the many and real benefits of training with others.
- Motivation – if you are competitive person working out with others encourages you to work hard through the session, to push yourself that bit more to keep up and do your best. If you are shy person, there will be friendly people to encourage you to be your best!
- Accountability – even if you don’t feel like working out, catching up with your fellow trainees for your regular weekly/bi-weekly chat is enough to get you to your nominated class – the emotional support of social exercise, and not even knowing it you have worked out as well – if you don’t show up, you’re letting someone else down
- Distraction – You’ll laugh, you’ll sweat, you’ll work hard and in no time you’ll be finished and feeling ready to face the world.
- Network / Social Opportunities – Attending a group fitness class gets you up off the couch and out of the same four walls of your home to meet people in your community. Fitness classes are a wonderful place to meet people who have similar lifestyle goals and needs. Make friends, have adult conversations and discover solutions to problems as you talk with other participants before and after class. Leading to other social opportunites and network connections.
- Fun – a big motivating factor of PERFIT is having fun whilst you train, interacting with others and feeling that camaraderie with your fellow trainees – something that is absent during a lone gym session…it’s definitely more fun when you work out together.