- You should expect to feel sore a day or so after a class, but not to the point where you are unable to perform everyday functional movement! If this is the case, you may have pushed yourself a bit too hard and need to dial it back.
- Each week you should feel your body getting a bit stronger and cardio should feel a bit easier.
- The key to improvement is consistency, attending sessions regularly.
- Overall the goal of exercise is to improve your fitness level, strength and mental well-being.
- A reduction in weight will only happen when regular exercise is combined with a supportive, nutritional/clean and well-balanced diet.
For Spit West Reserve there is an undercover option, next to the Pirate Playground/Toilet Block.
In regard to Balmoral Reserve, the wet weather option is Georges Heights Oval.
An email will be sent in advance to alert session participants to a location change.
As ‘Your Personal Training Stylist’ all classes are programmed prior to each session with client ability and goals top of mind.
Variety is the key to keep the body guessing and working hard and the mind engaged and focused
With each session, a total body workout is the primary aim – with a mix of cardio, body weight exercises, free weights, suspension tools and functional movements.
After a warm up drill, the session plan is explained and exercises demonstrated. Throughout the class correct form is constantly assessed, and if necessary re-explained and corrected. This is to make sure everyone is safe and getting the best results out of each exercise performed. At the conclusion of the session, time is always allocated for stretching muscle groups which have been used.
You can attend as many sessions as you like!
The Australian Government Department of Health recommends that you should – “Do muscle strengthening activities on at least 2 days each week” and “Be active on most, preferably all, days every week”.
So each week you should aim to achieve a good mix of:
- anaerobic and aerobic exercise
- strength training for the upper/lower body and core
- with a day’s rest in between high intensity sessions.
Make sure you purchase more sessions passes when each pass runs out.
Pricing for PERFIT Group and Private Personal Training are outlined on the Perfit Programs pages.
You can purchase passes for 5, 10 or 20 sessions. The larger the pass the more cost effective the sessions.
Group training is the more cost effective option than working out by yourself with a gym membership or a personal training session. Research has also shown that Group Training is a FANTASTIC way to adhere to and enjoy an exercise program in a social and supportive environment.
PERFIT Personal Training is where you receive GOLD STAR service. Pre-training baseline assessments are undertaken and recorded. Training will then be tailored exactly to what your personal goals are and re-assessed on a specified basis. Additional advice and direction will be provided. Client success and satisfaction is the top priority.
Fitness levels of clients attending PERFIT Group Training vary considerably.
Clients often worry that they will not be able to keep up with everyone else and feel concerned about their size. But that is why you come!
Everyone has the common goal of improving their health and fitness, so classes are designed for everyone to work at their own pace and ability. PERFIT is not a boot camp. It should be a positive, empowering and fun experience – every single time!